I actually made these little cucumber bites to bring for Easter Sunday dinner… but I think they’d be perfect this time of year to make for a party or BBQ.
For those of you that garden, consider using up some of the cucumbers or mint you are growing for this recipe. If you remember I kind of have a black thumb and minimal success growing veggies. I do have some mint in pots that are doing OK, so I might grab some of that to make this appy again.
I used my mandoline to thinly slice the radishes and a flower cookie cutter to make a fun shape with the cucumber. I think it adds a little whimsy!
You can find cookie cutters like I used online (note, this is an affiliate link) like this one: Flower Cookie Cutter Set.
These taste best served right away, but I made them right before we went out that Sunday to dinner. After a 20 minute drive, they still tasted great!
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp chopped pecans (optional)
- 2 tbsp mint, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp chopped chives
- 4 ounces, softened cream cheese
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 seedless cucumber, medium sliced into 32 rounds
- 3-4 medium radishes, sliced thinly into 32 rounds
- kosher salt
- Combine the first seven ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Use a decorative cookie cutter (i.e. a flower) to cut the cucumber into shapes.
- Layer the cucumber, then the radish slice on top of each other. Then top with about 1/2 tsp of cheese mixture.
- Serve Serve right away and enjoy!
Inspired by epicurious.com
P.S. If you like herbs and radishes…. I bet you’d love the radish and herbed butter crostinis that I shared last summer.