Madigan made… doily and spider covered glass candles.
Simple Painted Halloween Candles
- Tall, skinny prayer candles
- Rubbing alcohol
- Opaque, black glass paint (like Martha Stewart Metallic Opaque Glass Paint, Black Nickel)
- Doily glass silk screens (like Martha Stewart Glass Silkscreen, Doily Lace)
- Spider glass stencil (like Martha Stewart Adhesive Stencil, Holiday Icons )
- Painter’s tape
- Sponge daubers
- Toothpicks and cotton swabs
Don’t you love these tall pillar candles? They are inexpensive and can be painted in so many ways!
But I love the effect these stencils have on the glass. The contrast of the black silhouettes against the white candles is classic… yet a little spooky at the same time. This is how I can handle a few spiders in my décor. I can’t wait to set these out with my white pumpkins and black vases!
And I’m sharing at the Link Party Palooza, too!
Content Copyright:2010-14. Madigan Made.