GLOW: with amazing beauty and lifestyle tips I learned in 2017.
Happy 2018! Wow, where did 2017 go?
Question: Have you ever learned something and wondered, “Wow, where was this tip all my life?”
When it comes to self-care… 2017 was I year where I picked up a few really great self-care related tips. I’m calling these hacks ‘self-care’ because they are not all ‘beauty’ tips. (Plus, a ‘beauty guru’ I am not… but I do enjoy topics like skincare and hair care that help me relax, look and generally feel better!)
In this week’s video (that I had hoped to share before last year ended… oh well.) I am sharing a bunch of self-care (beauty/lifestyle) tips that I learned in 2017. I consider each one of these hacks to be game changers in how I take care of my skin, hair, nails and other self-care realms.
7 Self-care Tips that I Learned Last Year:
Please note that this post contains affiliate links. (I may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post, at no cost to you. Please refer to my disclosure statement for details.)
Here are some of the references and resources related to each tip I mention:
- Ditch the towel – stop using a face towel
- Don’t sweat it – make your antiperspirant more effective
- File it away – don’t cut your nails
- Where’s the grease? – use an ointment as an occlusive sleeping pack
- Ointment occlusive options I tried on my face: Vaseline, Aquaphor and CeraVe ointment
- Lab Muffin’s tips on occlusive layers #sluglife
- This skincare tip is talked about frequently on Reddit in the Skincareaddiction and Asian Beauty forums
- Where I first heard about mixing ointment to create an occlusive final step that wasn’t overly greasy (and Lena’s blog post for more information about CeraVe healing ointment uses)
- Note: Technically, petroleum jelly is not considered comedogenic (but it is greasy and everyone’s experience can vary!)
- Squish to condish – condition wavy hair to promote more definition
- Scrunch out the crunch – use a hard hold gel to ‘lock in’ your curls
- Get frothed – make tea drinking more enjoyable with lattes
- Milk frother I’ve used (I also got some from IKEA in the past, too. The whisks on these types of machines break easily.)
Watch this week’s video for more details about each of these tips! These hacks are awesome and helped my hair, skin, nails, etc. this year!
If you all would like to hear more about some of these individual topics, let me know. I’d love to talk more about these tips in more detail if there was interest!
Have you learned any new or amazing beauty tips or secrets you care to share? What’s made a big difference lately for you?
Disclaimer: Please read and follow the manufacturer’s instructions of any product you use. All opinions on beauty and skincare products are my own and not meant to be endorsements or medical advice. This post/video is provided for informational purposes only. It is what works (or doesn’t work) for me. As always, your experience may vary. The information shared does not establish a patient and healthcare professional relationship. If you have concerns about your skin and health, please consult with your personal health care professional. The information shared has not been evaluated by the FDA and is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.