I make this dip whenever I bring a fruit tray somewhere. As long as I can remember, my mom made this fruit dip. Whatever time of year she served it, the taste always reminded me of summer. The dip is easy, light and pretty. And it tastes like an orange creamsicle! Yum!
Earlier this month I visited my parents and helped my mom make this dip for a bridal shower. My mom and my aunts hosted the shower for family members who are getting married soon. They served light fare, including finger sandwiches and my aunt’s salmon dip (both yummy!).
By the way – check out the gorgeous flowers on the table! I was digging the fresh yellow and green decorations. I forgot to take a picture of it, but the drink station was decorated in these colors, too. My aunt used a tiered dessert tray piled with lemons and limes next to pitchers of iced tea and lemonade. It was simple and elegant.
But, enough about flowers, back to the dip! You will love how simple it is…
- 1 8 oz container whipped topping
- 1 small package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 6 oz container of frozen (concentrated) orange juice
- Fruit for dipping (strawberries, mango, grapes, pineapple, etc)
- Mix the first three ingredients together. Add a little water to thin out to desired consistency, if needed.
- Wash, cut and prep the fruit.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Then enjoy the orange dreamsicle goodness!
Recipe Source: My Mom Variation: Instead of frozen OJ, just use about 6 oz of orange juice. (You may not need to thin the mixture down with water.)