MAKE: more simple store bought cookie dough cupcakes.
I love baking. But baking from scratch takes time and effort. With a full time job and toddler, my days of scratch-anything are limited to none now! But I do like to make and bake stuff on occasion. It’s no surprise that I like to take shortcuts… especially in the kitchen.
My secret? Doctoring up the store bought versions of cookies. I love using store bought cookie dough and transforming it into cute and tasty cookie cupcakes.
These little cookies look adorable. They taste delicious. I get tons of compliments on them… and no one knows how easy they were, except you and me!
I shared my simple version of a dark chocolate salted caramel cookie cup and the general method to this baking tip on my YouTube channel this weekend.
Watch and learn how to make your own:
Dark Chocolate Salted Caramel Cookie Cups Recipe
- 1 package of sugar cookie dough
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 36 pieces of caramel
- sea salt
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut dough into 36 pieces. Roll into balls.
- Drop balls into lined mini-muffin tins.
- Bake cookies for about 7 minutes. Pull out cookies.
- Quickly press caramels into the cookies. Bake for another 3 minutes or so until the edges of the cookies are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle each cookie with a few chocolate chips. Put the tray back in the oven for another minute or so… just long enough to melt the chocolate.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and spread the chocolate, if needed, with a knife. Sprinkle the chocolate with salt and allow the cookies to cool.
And for more cookie cup variations, check out all of the other recipes I’ve shared here: