MAKE: a snowman jar for a teacher’s gift idea.
How’s your holiday shopping list going? Mine is coming along but definitely not complete!
I’m almost done shopping for my toddler and our extended family. But I’m often stumped on what to do for my daughter’s daycare teachers. (She attends day care a couple of days a week.)
My default gift for teachers is usually a gift card of some sort… it’s practical and can be used by everyone. But I usually like to include a small gift to go with the gift card, too. Last year’s little extra was easy. If you remember from last week, I fell in love with these little red apple shaped hand creams and wanted to give them to my daughter’s teachers.
I initially wasn’t sure how to wrap those apples, but I found some big jars and knew what to do… Make snowman!
I thought you might be interested in seeing that gift jar idea. If you remember, I wasn’t blogging last year, but snapped a few pictures as I made the gifts. This snowman jar gift wrap idea was inspired by my little snowman vase that I made a few years ago.
To continue with the “hand” theme and to fill the rest of the jar, I added some instant hand warmers, since the teachers take the children outside to play. I also added some stretchy gloves. (They are one-size-fits-all. I like to get the ones with fingertips that can be used with phones.)
A few decorations and a related saying on the tag and it was done! The tag says: “Thank you for your caring hands and warm heart.” I created a similar FREE printable of the tag, if you were interested in using it.
You really could use these tags for anyone in the service industry that takes care of you or your loved ones… Teacher. Dog groomer. Babysitter. Dog walker. Day care staff. Hairstylist.
So, do you want to build a snowman? (Sorry, I have a two-year-old who loves Olaf.)
Well, read below to find how I made my snowman jars.
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. Please refer to my disclosure statement for more info.
Supplies needed to create the snowman teacher gift idea:
- Large, wide mouth clear jar
- White tissue paper
- Gift ideas:
- Patterned or colore card stock
- Scissors or 2 inch circle paper punch
- Scrapbooking adhesive or glue stick
- Thank you label (Download mine for free HERE)
- Hot glue
- Grosgrain ribbon
- Black craft vinyl
- Hole punch
Steps to create a snowman teacher gift idea:
- Line the inside of the jar with a couple layers of white tissue paper.
- Fill the jar with your gift. You could give anything, but we gave the apple hand cream, stretchy gloves, instant hand warmers and a gift card.
- Close your lid and decorate it with festive paper circles and an optional label. You are welcome to use the labels I made (Download HERE) and cut them out by hand or use a circle punch. Glue them to the top of jar lid.
- Wrap a grosgrain ribbon around the jar like a scarf and secure down with hot glue. For an added touch, I used scissor cuts to the ends of the ribbon to look like scarf fringe.
- Use a hole punch or circle punch to make small black buttons out of black craft vinyl and adhere to jar vertically. Alternatively, just glue small buttons to the front of the jar.
That’s it! You could use this wrapping idea and gift tag for anyone’s gift, but I think it is especially sweet for teachers around the holidays.
P.S. And if you liked the idea of gifting that cute apple hand cream, don’t forget to check out my DIY fruit bowl gift idea. (Yes, all of those pieces of fruit are skincare products!)